Thank you for your interest in adopting a beagle into your family. Before you complete the application, please read the following:
Beagle Paws does not warrant the health, fitness, or temperament of the dog and it makes no representations as to its health, fitness, or temperament. It is important to realize that Beagle Paws does not know the history of the dog.
- You must be at least 19 years of age to adopt.
- Due to the history and backgrounds of the dogs in our care, a Beagle Paws rescue dog is not suited for any type of off leash activities outside of a secured fenced area. This includes such things as off-leash walking/running, hunting, etc.
- Beagles can live up to 15 years or more.
- Adopting a dog brings with it a financial commitment and possibly unexpected expenses, this is something you should consider and which you should be prepared for if you adopt.
- An adoptive dog may require housetraining, basic obedience and socialization. A gradual introduction to children, pets or visitors to the home may be necessary.
- It can take several days or longer for a rescue dog to settle into a new routine. Changes to a dog’s environment may cause the dog to have accidents. Being patient and taking the time to work with the dog through this adjustment stage can help in successfully integrating your new beagle into your home.
- All applicants are subject to a screening process which can take a week or more to complete. We do this to ensure that the health, wellbeing and happiness of each dog can be met. As part of our application process, a visit to your home may be required.
- There is a non-refundable adoption fee due in full upon final approval of the adoption.
- Completion of this Adoption Application does not mean you are obliged to adopt.
- False information will lead to an automatic rejection of this Adoption Application.
- Beagle Paws reserves the right to decline any applicant.
- If your Adoption Application is approved a Beagle Paws representative will work with you to find the best match for your home and lifestyle.